* All sounds are now played using FMOD, instead of MonoGame. This should fix
some HORRIBLE NOISES some players were hearing. (Oh, MonoGame. I do love you,
* Fixed a bug where the wind sound effect for sandstorms would end up playing
FOREVER - until you quit the game entirely - if you went into folded space
during a sandstorm. (This was NOT fixed by moving sounds to FMOD. This bug
was 100% my fault.)
* ALL armors were resisting 50% collision damage, regardless of what percent
they claimed to resist. This has been fixed.
* When a ship is polymorphed, it now retains its bonus shield.
* Timebombs no longer get pushed through walls (ex: by sandstorms).
* Health pickups (from Scrapping upgrade) no longer remain on-screen after
* After the tractor beam fix in 0.8.6.1, I broke the tractor beams for
Obelisks! >:( This is because Obelisks were stupidly using their own, special
code for drawing tractor beams, instead of using the same code as everything
else... so I fixed all that! Now all tractor beam code is the same, and thus
the Obelisk tractor beam effect is restored, and working!
* Controller vibration is now working! This was actually fixed in 0.8.6, I just
hadn't noticed! "How could you not notice!?" you might, reasonably, ask >_>
Because: controller vibration is handled by MonoGame, and while they had
provided functions for me to call to vibrate the controller, they had never
actually implemented them, so these functions did NOTHING >_> It seems
they've finally implemented controller vibration, though, so when I updated
to the latest version of MonoGame back in 0.8.6, those functions suddenly
started working! And there you have it :P I took this opportunity to change
the default "Vibrate" setting to "On". (I previously had it defaulting to
"Off". If you never changed it, it'll still be "Off", so if you want
controller vibration, go enable that in the SETTINGS screen!)
* Heavy Head of Hydrus is not a very good ship. So I replaced its "Hull
upgrades grant 15 Hull instead of 10" with "+5 Hull for each Upgrade chip
collected". I don't think this will solve all of its issues, but it should
definitely help. (P.S. if your ship is transformed into a Heavy Head of
Hydrus, you will suddenly gain Hull strength according to the number of
Upgrade chips acquired; similarly, if you transform FROM a Heavy Head of
Hydrus into something else, you will lose Hull strength.)
* There's a new Upgrade... find it!
* All armors now have a chance to have weapon damage resistance.
* Heavy Armor now has +10% weapon AND collision resistance, instead of +15%
* A couple players have reported the game crashing in such a super-hardcore way
that Steam freaks out, and the computer needs restarting in order to fully
regain control! (Goodness!) I found a POTENTIAL infinite loop that COULD HAVE
been the cause?? And fixed it?? If I sound uncertain, it's because I haven't
been able to reproduce this crash myself, so cannot test my fix. P.S. This
fix won't make the game run if it wasn't running for you before, but it might
at least prevent it from crashing so hard that you have to restart your
* Tractor beam lines are correctly drawn when the player is near the seam of
* Starting a game with a ship named "CRASH MYSTERIOUS SPACE" will crash the
* Tractor beam strength is now proportional to the top speed of the player, to
ensure that tractored objects aren't left behind by fast-moving ships. (Winds
and other pushing forces could still theoretically dislodge a tractored
object, but I'm okay with that :P)
* Added a new achievement: "Teamwork!! :D"
* Added CLI arguments, for various debugging purposes. Run Mysterious Space
with the argument "--help" to see a full list. (Honestly, ANY argument will
do, so long as it's not one that's recognized by the game. "--help" just
seemed like a good one to suggest.)
* If the last rover on a level is destroyed, and there's an outpost on the
level that both needs a rover AND has fuel as one of its reward items, then
that rover is guaranteed to drop fuel on death. (There was a remote
possibility of leaving the game in an unwinnable state before this fix...)
* Some of the RNG gun's "Something Bad" and "Something Good" effects are based
on the bullet damage of the weapon. These effects were not accounting for
modifiers to weapon damage (ex: Weakening). This has been fixed.
* The "DEBUG MODE has been used. Cannot acquire unlockable content." message is
no longer repeated bajillions of times.
* The following is hard to explain. I will try anyway. So: you know how there's
that mode for Malleable Shields that resists weapon damage, but makes
collision damage pass right through the shield? If you had a temporary
shield, and your Malleable shield was in this mode, collision damage would
also bypass the temporary shield! This was never intended, and has been
fixed. (Temporary shields in general have been reworked; more on this below.)
* Edge-of-screen player location indicators are no longer drawn when on the
* It was possible, but unlikely, that an Ice planet would be generated with an
inaccessible tunnel, and if such a tunnel had Fuel, the game could be
unwinnable! This has been fixed. (The game now clears out a narrow column of
earth above each tunnel entrance, to ENSURE that the opening is wide enough
for any ship.)
* Alert messages are now displayed in different colors, depending on the
content of the message (ex: weakened/destroyed equipment messages are now in
* "Temporary shields" are now called "bonus shields". ("Temporary" might sound
like it's going to go away on its own.)
* When damage is dealt to your bonus shield, it is shown on-screen as a white
"0" (same as damage dealt but prevented due to invulnerability).
* Bonus shields are now always colored white, to reflect its similarity to
* The reward boxes dropped by Outposts can no longer be blown away by winds.
* Destroyed rovers can no longer drop Shields; they can instead drop Batteries.
* When a planet is being seeded with random item containers, for each container
that contains a Log item, another container with a non-Log item is added.
* Reduced the chances that a planet will be generated where it's REQUIRED to
enter folded space to get all the Fuel needed.
* Bonus shields are no longer attached to shield ship parts; they're instead
kept on the ship itself. This allows ships without shields to benefit from
effects that grant bonus shields, and means that you no longer lose your
bonus shield when switching shields. (It ALSO fixed a weird bug with
Malleable Shields, as mentioned in the "Fixes" section above.)
* Damage dealt to a bonus shields is now considered to be entirely prevented.
(Damage dealt to bonus shields will no longer trigger "when you receive
damage"-type effects; damage dealt to bonus shields will not cause screen-
* EMP bullets are now blocked by bonus shields. This damages the bonus shield
by an amount depending on the strength of the EMP bullet.
* Ship parts created with a curse now have other stats increased, and those
found with a blessing have others decreased.
* The chance to find cursed/blessed ship parts has been increased; it has been
WAY increased in folded space.
* Added new weapon graphics. (4-way shooters now actually look like they shoot
4 ways, etc.)
* About 1 in 4 weapons will now have one of several additional traits. (I tried
to focus on making WEIRD abilities, like "transforms when a boss is killed",
or "every fifth bullet is an EMP bullet".)
* Reduced the self-inflicted damage from the RNG gun's "Something Bad" curse.
* Rubberized Spiral guns now deal 2/3 the damage they used to.
* Spiral gun firing sound effect has had its volume reduced.
* Shields can no longer be white.
* The strength of the bonus shield granted by ANGEL Armor is now 50% of your
Hull (instead of 1/3 your main shield).
* Two new accessories: Vampire Shield, and Courier Pod.
* Reduced the firing rate of Crawling Carinae.
* Added a bunch of initialization logging to MysteriousSpace.log.
* Updated to .NET 4.5 and MonoGame 220.127.116.112.
* Added a bit of code to prevent multiple, simultaneous instances of Mysterious
Space from running.
* Fixed a common crash when playing as the Heavy Head of Hydrus and changing
* Ship parts you cannot equip now show up in your inventory tab (ex: shields
when playing as the Heavy Head of Hydrus).
* Item crates with rockets now have their rockets disabled when they're zapped
* Fixed the appearance of the tractor beam when near the "seam" of a level.
* A bug was preventing all three outpost graphics from being used. It has been
* Fixed a bug which was giving players the "Discovered the Mysterious Source"
achievement ALL THE TIME. I deleted the old achievement for this, and created
a new one, so that it can be properly tracked. Sorry if you'd gotten this
achievement before; I couldn't think of any other way to do this :|
* Three new songs by DDRKirby(ISQ)!
* The Orbital player's main weapon now fires twice as quickly, but deals half
* The third Orbital weapon upgrade has been changed: it no longer provides a
second speed increase, and instead provides two MORE bullets per shot. FIRE
ALL THE BULLETS.
* Tweaked the number and darkness of clouds found on Ice, Desert, and Forset
worlds. Darker clouds are more common in higher-difficulty planets.
* Dark clouds may now produce flashes of lightning, which can strike and chain
off of many objects, including the player. Lightning deals damage to most
creatures (players and enemies alike), and has other effects on other objects
* Added a new type of mission which Outposts may give you.
* Changed the "deals a huge amount of damage to your hull" effect to "deals
enough damage to your hull to reduce it to 1." (Previously, it always dealt
enough damage to disable you outright. In retrospect, that was unfair.)
* Got rid of "has the effect of a random alien artifact" effect.
* Got rid of "does nothing" effect.
* Added a "summons a random object" effect. It can summon Alien Artifacts,
Crates... some other things...
* Batteries can now be dropped to place a powerful timebomb. (There's a story
behind this feature: I watched some people playing the game who were stumped
by the Outposts that ask for a spare shield. It occurred to me that there's
nothing in the game that teaches players "hey, you can drop things, and that
can have a useful effect", so I added this drop use to Batteries. Hope it
* Some ship parts were found already Weakened. That was lame. Possibly even
weak. Instead, ship parts now have a chance to be found either blessed or
* EMP-resistant Shield now grants 33% lightning resistance.
* Added two other graphics for armor.
* Accessories which used to say "CTRL or (X)" now say only "CTRL" OR "(X)"
depending on the control scheme used by the player.
* Added a new Accessory: Lightning Generator!
* EMP Channeler now grants 33% lightning resistance.
* Added a new Accessory, but no, shh, it's fine. Don't worry about it. It's
* Added Crawling Carinae subroutine.
* Cloaking Cor Caroli now teleport a little further away, and have a teleport
effect that is more visible, especially against lighter backgrounds!
* Various special effects pixels are no longer slowed in liquids (this is most
obvious on the Cloaking Cor Caroli teleport effect).
* Beehives and Bees now have death noises! (Finally! They aren't the best, but
they'll do for now...)
* In split-screen co-op, there's now an indicator on the edge of each player's
screen showing the relative direction of the other player(s).
* Changed how the Equipment tab works. It's better in lots of ways, but maybe a
little more confusing in others?? >_> An overall net gain, though, I hope!
Though I'm sure I'll be tweaking it again in the future...
* The inventory/upgrade/etc menus are ~50 pixels taller, giving more room for
item descriptions (2 more lines). This space was also needed for the new
* When starting a new game, the names from your most recent "game over" are
used to pre-fill the ship names. (This is particularly useful for gamepad
* When starting a new game, you can now hold the analog stick up or down to
continuously scroll through the letters; you no longer need to repeatedly
* Blær (the ship's computer) now tells you about lava mechanics when you enter
ANY planet with a "significant amount" of lava. (All Lava worlds, and any
Desolate world that has at least one pool of lava that isn't teeny-tiny.)
* On the Sound Test screen, the names of the selected song and sound effect are
* On the High Score graph, the series lines will no longer overlap the graph's
* Added x-axis lines on the High Score graph.
* Wrote a bunch of methods for calculating the pixel width of strings, and
wrapping text, which correctly take into account the widths of individual
characters. Mysterious Space's font is only MOSTLY mono-spaced: Japanese
characters are wider, and math related to positioning text needs to take this
into account! Now it does! ... mostly >_> I still need to update a bunch of
code to use these new methods, instead of the old methods. (Unforunately, I
could not simply update the old methods to take font into account, for a
couple reasons. If you're really curious, feel free to ask me about it :P)
* Pulled more strings out of the code, and into XML (making them available for
* Removed a bunch of extraneous whitespace from the English text. It was
particularly noticable when selecting different ship types during character
* Added a credits sequence for when/if you win the game. (Good luck, pilot!)
* Big refactor in how music and sound assets are sotred & referenced in code.
You probably don't care about this unless you're a curious programmer.
* Made a little optimization that should speed up the program's shutdown time.
(I've tried to address this before, and largely failed. I think this time is
* Regenerating Rigel's ship frame was appearing disconnected from the rest of
its parts! This has been fixed.
* Fragmenting Bullets no longer fragment into weirdly-colored American flags!
* Greatly reduced collision damage dealt by tutorial miniboss.
* Corrected positioning of "Window lost focus" message in fullscreen co-op
* On the sector map, the planet selection cursor is no longer moved back to
your current system after closing the inventory menu.
* Added Scan Data for Menkalinan Manufactory, Beehive, and the mushrooms.
* Reduced weapon damage of Erratic Eridanus.
* Swimming Sheliak (the red guys that fire bullets when destroyed) no longer
show up on the first level. (They had been removed before, but snuck their
way back in when I changed how planets determine the enemies they may have.)
* Reduced health of Crawling Carinae.
* Increased health of Carpeting Celbalrai and Carpeting Celbalrai II.
* Slightly reduced number of enemies spawned overall.
* During character creation, you can now select a single "Subroutine" from a
list. Each provides a different bonus. The Subroutines available depend on
the enemy Scan Data you have collected in previous games. (If you've been
playing for a while, you may have unlocked several options already!)
* Added a new Upgrade, "Menaces with Spikes", which increases the collision
damage you impart on your enemies. It is available only after unlocking the
Heavy Head of Hydrus ship.
* Slightly reduced armor strength of Heavy Armor, but increased its collision
* Slightly reduced collision damage resistance of Embedded Armor.
* There is now a chance for all armors to provide a little more collision
* The character creation screen layout has been changed when you have ships
and/or subroutines available to choose from.
* Added wipe transitions when entering and leaving planets.
* Expanded Sound Test screen to show some internal values useful to debugging.
* On sector map, planet preview is only shown when you can visit the selected
planet, and is no longer hidden when you open the inventory menu.
* On sector map, planet cursor now blinks; blink resets when changing
selection. Also, this cursor is now hidden when the inventory menu is opened.
* Added Greek/Coptic characters to the font.
* Moved a few more strings into XML (so that they're no longer hard-coded).
* When running in Steam, Mysterious Space no longer uses Shift+Tab as its
"previous tab" key combination (since Steam ALSO grabs Shift+Tab); instead,
there simply IS no "previous tab" combination. You'll just have to Tab all
the way around (there's only a handful of tabs anyway; it should be fine).
* Sandstorm sound effect now respects volume setting!
* You can now use your tractor beam on a fallen friend! (Thanks Kyle! and
* Added SETTINGS to the title menu! (At last!)
* Changed how camera shake is handled. It used to be that if you took multiple
sources of damage in rapid succession, you'd only see the shake of the last.
Now, all the shake effects add up. Also, the amount of shake now depends on
what fraction of your health the damage represents. (Previously, more damage
always meant more shake; now, the same amount of damage would create more
shake for a "small" ship than it would for a "big" one.)
* Default sound volume is now 80%; default music is 60%; if you've played the
game before, your volume settings will not be changed.
* Many planet types now have clouds! Especially the snowy Ice Worlds :)
* There are slightly fewer enemies on Ice Worlds (to counter their naturally
higher difficulty, due to the narrower tunnels)
* There are slightly more enemies on Desert Worlds (to counter their naturally
lower difficulty, due to the more-open terrain)
* Changed how (most) enemies are spawned. They now come in fits and starts,
rather than the steady drip of before. This (hopefully) will create
alternating periods of quiet and excitement. (A better interest curve!)
* Enemies will now - though rarely - drop pickup containers with ROCKETS
attached to them! Have fun :P
* Added many (most?) Cyrillic characters to the font. (Russian, at least,
should be good to go!)
* Added Katakana and Hiragana characters to the font. But no Kanji, yet...
* Added very-incomplete Russian language options to the game. (Anyone want to
help finish those up??)
* More font code work, adding support for multiple spritesheets in a single
font, and partial support for different spritesheets to have different
character widths. (Multiple spritesheets allowed Cyrillic characters to be
added, and variable character widths will allow Katakana and Hiragana.)
(Save games from 0.8.2 through 0.8.2.2 ARE compatible with 0.8.2.3!)
* "Save and Quit" text would sometimes bleed outside the window, in languages
where this text was longer than the English text. This has been fixed.
* Huge thanks to KRITikal for doing a Spanish translation of Mysterious Space!
* Added KRITikal :)
(Save games from 0.8.2 and 0.8.2.1 ARE compatible with 0.8.2.2!)
* If you polymorphed, and continued to use items, equipment, etc WITHOUT
leaving the menu once, there could have been weird misbehaviors, including
crashes. (For example, being polymorphed a second time without leaving the
menus inbetween would definitely crash the game.) This should now be fixed!
* Messages at the top of the screen now fade out while in menus.
* Fixed some typos in the Turkish text. (Thanks again, zulmetefza!)
* Reworked the font sprite sheet, to give space for accent marks above capital
letters without needing to shorten the capital letters. This makes French,
German, and especially Turkish, look MUCH better.
* Rewrote how fonts are handled by the game, preparing for Cyrillic and CJK
(Chinese/Japanese/Korean) portions of unicode, and allowing a "line height"
property (needed to properly handle capital letters with accent marks).
* Added a loading screen. (It's starting to take a while to load up all these
sprites, sounds, songs, and languages!)
* Reworded the "thank you" to translators :)
(Save games from 0.8.2 ARE compatible with 0.8.2.1!)
* Fixed some typos in the English text. (Thanks to zulmetefza for finding a
couple of these!)
* Fixed a typo in the 0.8.2 changelog. (Why does this always happen? :P)
* zulmetefza has provided us with a Turkish language translation! Thank you! :)
* Extended font spritesheet to include the "Latin Extended-A" set, needed for
Turkish! I apologize about the appearance of some of the characters...
there's not many pixels to work with >_> (French and German translations have
already suffered here, too... I may need to just make my font taller at some
* Rearranged the ABOUT/CREDITS page; made a sub-page dedicated to translators :)
* Console output for Mysterious Space is now logged to MysteriousSpace.log
* When descending toward the surface of worlds without an atmosphere, the
background was changing colors incorrectly. This has been fixed.
* Fixed crash involved in folded space within desert worlds. (Thanks to Kidli
Solaris for reporting this!)
* Old, incompatible saves are no longer shown in the CONTINUE GAME menu.
* Made some mini-bosses start a minimum distance from the player, to avoid
starting the player and mini-boss overlapping! (Telefrag!) Most mini-bosses
have other restrictions that prevented this from happening, anyway, but a
couple didn't >_>
* Buttons will no longer be placed directly below a solid piece of terrain.
(Second time I've tried to fix this; hopefully the last!)
* Fixed display of time on score summary page. (It was not showing the number
of seconds in all cases.)
* Mushrooms are no longer effected by knockback.
* Fixed a bug that prevented you from selecting the second accessory slot.
(Thanks to sheezhaa-brownie for reporting this bug.)
* Messages for the second player in split-screen co-op are now correctly shown
on that player's half of the screen. (Previously, all messages were shown on
the first player's half of the screen.)
* Fixed some minor bugs related to certain teleportations, like double-playing
the teleport sound effect and/or double shaking the screen.
* Many item names/descriptions will now change when the game's language setting
is changed, rather than being stuck to whatever language they were created
* Fixed description of curse effect on RNG weapons. (It was reporting negative
intervals of time between bad things happening. This was an error in the text
description only; the curse mechanics were working correctly.)
* Antares Anemone are no longer spawned on forcefields or spikes.
* Flashing up arrow is no longer shown in Folded Space when you have all the
Fuel needed to leave the level.
* Early planets are a bit smaller; the sizes of later planets remain roughly
* New enemy: Erratic Eridanus
* "Uncommon" enemies (currently, only the teleporting eye) can no longer be
spawned immediately; an amount of time must pass, first. For later levels,
the amount of time is of course less than on earlier levels.
* Reduced the spawn rate of enemies in co-op games (it's still higher than
single player, just not as high as before this change).
* When an effect would cause an Orbital to teleport, its host ship is now
teleported. (Previously, nothing happened when an effect tried to teleport
* Added a new ship: Risky Ras Algethi.
* Updated the tutorial. It now has more excitement :P
* The "Scrapping" upgrade blueprint is now found exclusively in Folded Space.
* Added the concept of equipment "Modes". Most pieces of equipment only have
one Mode right now, but if a piece of equipment has more than one Mode, the
player may toggle through the equipment's available Modes from the equipment
menu. An equipment's Mode may not be changed while on a planet.
* Previously, you would sometimes find some basic, parallel, or split-shot
weapon which fired its bullets backwards. These still exist, but have been
refactored into the new equipment Modes system (see above). Now, all basic,
parallel, and split-shot weapons may be switched to fire either forward or
backwards through the equipment menu by toggling the weapon's mode.
* Removed Hard Shield and Soft Shield.
* Added Malleable Shield, which acts as either a Hard or Soft shield, depending
on its Mode.
* Removed Fleet Armor.
* Berserker Armor now has two Modes; the second is similar to Fleet Armor.
* Renamed "Reactive Armor" to "ANGEL Armor".
* EMP Channeler's curse is now triggered when the accessories fires a ring of
bullets, instead of when the player is hit by a slowing effect.
* Weapon Booster now has a second Mode, which boosts weapon speed by a smaller
amount, but does not reduce shield recharge rate. (With a blessing, the
second mode boosts shield recharge rate!)
* Alien Integrator now has up to three Modes. (Discover them for yourself! :P)
* On-screen messages (ex: "Unidentified Ship Part", "Your Blaster has been
permanently Weakened!") can now be queued up. So, for example, if you pick up
three crates in rapid succession, rather than each message immediately
replacing the last, you'll see a list of messages.
* On-screen messages now live on-screen for an amount of time proportional to
their length. So "Log" will only last 1 second, but longer messages may last
a few seconds.
* On-screen messages when picking up consumable items (Alien Artifacts,
Advanced Technology, and Batteries) now have the following added to the end:
"(ESC to use)" (or similar, depending on input device and language settings).
This is intended for new players, who may not even know that there's a menu
* Added CANCEL sound effect when backing out of new game screen.
* When Mysterious Space loses focus, it is paused until focus is restored and
A or ENTER is pressed.
* The high score graph is now 233.33% better (... I... may have made that
number up >_>)
* Changed French "Nouveau" to "Neuf" (it's shorter!)
* Added French and German translations for some additional words and phrases.
* Thanks to my grandma and a couple cousins for trying out Mysterious Space
while I took notes. Some of the changes this update were made as a direct
results of this playtesting. They've been added to the credits/about screen.
* Added "How to Mod.txt", containing instructions on how to modify existing
languages, or add your own. I'll also be using this file to add instructions
for other content, as I move it into XML.
* Refactored code surrounding how levels spawn enemies, making it easier to
control precisely the sorts of enemies a given planet will spawn.
* Refactored code surround languages, to make languages moddable. (Will add
Steam Workshop support in the future; for now: check out "How to Mod.txt"!)
* Changed/expanded the Carmageddon cheat.
* Fixed crash when winning the game!! (Thanks to pilot "A" for reporting this
* Fixed crash when visiting desert worlds. (Thanks to pilot "WINDOWS 10" for
reporting this issue.)
* One-tile-tall passageways will no longer be generated on the bottom of a
level. (The tunnels now take their radius into account when determining their
max-allowed Y coordinate... I hope that made sense :P Anyway: thanks to
Senior Computer Neurosurgeon PHD for bringing this one up!)
* Bushes will no longer be placed in front of forcefield buttons!
* Buttons will no longer be placed directly below a solid piece of terrain.
(It's basically impossible to get a crate or rover on a button in that
* Water should now correctly fill fuel rooms and fuel room passages??
* Possibly fixed a rare bug that froze the game when entering a level? :|
(Infinite loop while trying to dig tunnels in very particular circumstances.)
* Fixed a bug with the Grosse Baeline miniboss and some parts of Regenerating
Rigel that caused them to start at 1HP!
* Fixed a bug preventing Steam Achievements from being earned in most
* The starfield was missing from Lava and Ice worlds. It's back now.
* "Blessed" split-shot weapons were not firing EMP bullets correctly. This has
* Added "Nice Catch!"
* Added 10 achievements, two for each ship depending on whether you get that
ship's "good" ending, or "bad" ending. (May add secret/special endings
* Added 7 achievements, one for completing each planet type (forest, ice, etc)
without killing any enemies.
* Outposts on very early levels will no longer ask for Shields (you probably
don't have any by that point, so it seems kinda' mean to ask...)
* Added two new outpost graphics. Just for variety.
* Added "Emergency Backup Systems"
* You know those things enemies sometimes drop that tell you about the enemy?
Those things are now collectively called "Profiles", and the name of each has
been prefixed with "Profile:". This was done mainly to avoid confusion I saw
in some new players, bein' all like "what? what is this? what does it do?" :P
* Shields generated on Ocean worlds tend to have a new, water-based bonus.
* Shields generated on Lava worlds tend to have a new, lava-based bonus.
* Removed "Volcanic Armor".
* Armor generated on Lava worlds no longer receive an extra, free level worth
* Armor generated on Ice worlds tend to have a new, ice-based bonus.
* Armor generated on Lava worlds tend to have a new, lava-based bonus.
* Increased opacity on fuel glow, to make it a little more obvious (especially
when there's seaweed or some other obstacle in front of the fuel itself).
* Fuel and fuel shard colors are a little brighter/more-pastel.
* Fuel shards are a little bigger (hopefully easier to see, especially in
* Ice worlds have slightly fewer tunnels than before, on average.
* Fixed a crash when using an item that transforms your ship into another form.
* Can no longer open the menu during the "GAME OVER" sequence.
* When your ship is transformed into another form, the Orbital player of that
ship (if any) no longer gets detached! (Thanks to DDRKirby(ISQ) for reporting
* Fixed a bug related to ship movement speed that would occur if you somehow
transformed into a Light Lukida multiple times in one game. (Unlikely, but it
pointed out a bit of code that generally needed cleaning up.)
* Fixed bug in RNG weapons' curse/blessing effect descriptions. They were
reporting that a bad/good thing would happen once every 3600 seconds instead
of once every 60. (The effect was correctly firing once every 60 seconds, the
game was just lying about it.)
* Orbital players are now consistently referred to as "Orbitals". (Sometimes,
they were being referred to as "Orbiters".)
* Corrected the spelling of "baracuda" (to "barracuda").
* Fixed a weird movement bug that occurred in Folded Space when your ship had
high push resistance.
* The game now features Steam Achievements! A whole 19 of them!
* Players no longer receive tons of equipment and items when starting a new
game with DEBUG MODE on.
* A debugging console is now available when DEBUG MODE is on. Press the ~ key
on your keyboard to open it. Debugging console commands are currently
available on the sector map, and the high score table. (You can open it in
other places, too, there just won't be much you can do with it :P)
* Planets sometimes have Outposts, which ask you to perform a task for them in
exchange for goodies. These goodies may include normal drops, or new Battery
or Survey Map items (see below).
* New ship upgrade "Second Accessory". Must be unlocked by finding its
* When you have an RNG weapon that is cursed or blessed, a message is now
displayed on-screen whenever a bad or good thing happens. The message
describes what that bad or good thing is. (Ex: "Something bad: Slowed for 5
* New accessory: "Fuel Preprocessor". Gives you bonuses when you pick up fuel.
* New accessory: "Long-range Scanner". Reveals pickups on the minimap
* A new type of consumable item, is sometimes found in Folded Space, or as an
Outpost reward. When used, grants a temporary weapon speed, shield speed, and
movement speed buff.
* A new pickup that may be given as an Outpost reward. When picked up, reveals
information about the surrounding star systems.
* The "polymorph self" effect can now turn the player into a new ship; one that
is never available during character creation.
* More French translation, thanks to Ambre!
* Rather than saying a player will "throw away" an item, the messaging now says
that a player will "drop" an item. This better reflects what actually
happens, especially when on a Planet. This is particularly important because
Outposts (see above) may ask the player for an item, and the option to "throw
away" might not seem like the correct action, especially to a player who has
never used that action while on a planet.
* Changed the color and "texture" of forcefields, to make them more visible.
(Thanks to philgoal and SnagLToof for bringing this up!)